Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sthlm Fashion Week - update I

What can I say? Stockholm Fashion Week got off to a great start for us. After looking at the weeks schedule we realized that there would be very little sleep and much, hmm work. Especially since we recently took on a mission from P1.cn to write fashion articles for them from around the globe. Fun so far. The SFW, I have to say, is not the biggest and most exclusive fashion week of them all but still it gives a great indication to which new trends are to emerging from the Scandinavian brands! A lot of the new and fresh designers are given the stage during these days, important since the hype among the already established brands sometimes feel a bit too much. Today we scouted around the fashion fair in the trendy Southern part of Stockholm and we meet a lot of interesting people! I especially wanted to find out how they were affected by the economic crisis. It turns out that most brands do, in some way or another, get affected by the slowing economy. But I did not see any sad faces and everyone, albeit the crisis, looked at the future with hope in their eyes. I guess that is what we humans do. I know I do!

Ciao!
/Alex
















2/3rds behind the shoe brand Jim Rickey, Jesper and Patrik. Great shoes and what it seems like, a great team of young entrepreneurs. We like!

No comments:

Post a Comment