Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today was the first day of the rest of my life.

That might sound dramatic but today me and Jesper sat down and decided what every minute from now on and 10 weeks forward will be used for.

Things felt really optimistic after we went through all the business strategies for the upcoming collections. The focus was on sales and PR. We discussed back and forth and, as things usually are when I and Jesper discuss things, we disagree a lot. When we disagree we get into heated discussions that almost all the time lead to a conclusion that is neither what I had in mind from the beginning nor what Jesper had. Arguments are what create good ideas!

Yesterday we went exploring the local nightlife. Our main goal for the night was to meet people from the textile industry. This place is for textiles what Silicon Valley is for computers so our chances were really good. We instantly met some designers and some textile majors from the university. All in all it was a good night I just wish I knew from the beginning how things worked here. Then maybe my night wouldn’t have resulted in me watching bad TV, on my own. Today is a new day though.

What have we learned today you might ask? I’ll tell you this much: Sales is Marketing and Marketing is Sales. The one is as useless without the other as Laurel is without Hardy or a Negroni without Campari!

Ciao!
/Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment