Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just a thought

Japan is all about standing out, for many of the youngsters between 15 and 18 I have noticed a quite obvious trend even though I'm here during wintertime! And Tokyo is cold!!! All the students have to wear school uniforms, the girls have to wear skirts and stockings, while the guys wear suits. First when I got here I was quite surprised by how short the skirts were! I was thinking to my self, damn Japanese school officials are some kinky people, forcing the girls to wear short skirts during wintertime. But then I also noticed some girls wearing much longer skirts. As it turns out, the girls with the short skirts have themselves cut their skirts. When you are forced to wear something you don't want to wear, how do you stand out? By cutting your skirt! How do the guys do? Accessories!

Like anywhere else in the world people don't want to be like everyone else, when you are forced to behave in a certain way, you still do it but with your unique modification.


Sayonara!
/Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment